Throughout the year’s I found that there are many ways to search for a manual. But, there are only a few that will actually get you the manual you’re looking for. Over the year’s I’ve been a victim to a lot of false search information when searching for a particular manual. So I would search and search until I would come across some useful information that would lead me to my manual. Throughout my years of searching, I came across a few keys that would help me find the manual I was looking for. Some of the tips below I have learned to use while searching for information especially when those manuals that you need are specific. Over the year’s I’ve also searched for car repair manuals, motorcycle repair manuals, appliance manuals and how to fix it manuals.
- When searching to find a particular manual I like to start with the model number, or the make number and sometimes even the part number. Depending on what it is I’m trying to repair or replace. But in any case these tips will work.
- Remember, when searching – you want to use a major search engine like Google to get the best results. You also want to make sure to include the term manual inside of your search. But before you do that you want to make sure that you put the part number, model number, make/company or whatever the product name is to be identified easily by the search engine. For example, 2015 BMW RS manual.
- The key part of your search is deciding on which manual is for you. If you are low on cash then you are going to be looking for something free like a PDF download. If you have the funds, manuals can range from free to $100+ depending on your problem. Once you decide on a budget, you can move on to searching for something in your price range. This is the world wide web. I do like to try and see what information is out there in the form of a manual that is free first before I go ahead and fork out any hard earned cash for something that could have been solved with the free manual.
- When it comes to picking which search will provide the best answers to your problem, you want to look for reputable URLs. For example look for URLs like (ibmw.com or amazon.com) that are trusted sites that have name-brand manuals for your problem.
- Last but not least, if I am NOT able to find the information I need in a free manual online. Then I will stop at a library and see if they have a manual there that can be photocopied as I need or I will just settle for purchasing the manual on Amazon.
So, these are just five tips I like to use when looking for manuals will help solve my technical problem. You can find a manual for every part, every piece, every appliance or every product. It’s on the shelf pretty much. The real question is, do you know where to look and how to look in order to find the answers you need to solve your problem. Please keep me informed on your problems and the manuals you use that solve those problems or the manuals you are looking for to solve problems. I’m here and we do like to help solve each other’s problems. If you could leave a comment in the comment section below I’d love to hear from you!